In both our professional and personal lives, we have all been shaped by the mentors in our lives who have helped us become the people we are today. Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) is launching a Thank Your Mentor Campaign to help promote awareness of the crucial role that mentoring plays in growing up successfully.
Thank your Mentor is a virtual campaign to replace the in person mixers and other events usually done to attract volunteers to serve as mentors. We are asking everyone to take a moment to thank their mentor.
Help us raise awareness about our need for Mentors
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Post a message, photo, or video on social media thanking your Mentor.
2. Tag us and use the hashtag #thankyourmentor.
3. Challenge someone else to thank their Mentor.
Community-based mentoring is the traditional Big Brothers Big Sisters one-to-one mentoring program. Bigs are matched with children (Littles) who are facing adversity. Once a match has been made, Bigs and Littles can spend time in the community doing activities they enjoy. Bigs need access to reliable transportation and must be able to commit to a minimum of 12 months in the program. All volunteers must complete a screening process and training curriculumbefore being matched with a child. This includes a background check, references, and an interview.
– Flexibly scheduling to fit your availability
– Long-positive impact on a Little
– Explore new interests through events and activities with your Little
– Meet 1+ time a month
– 1-year minimum commitment
Interested in becoming a Community-Based Big?
Take the first step by submitting your information and a member of our team will contact you about the next steps in the process.
Get in Touch